All About Riverside Dental Bonding
- Consultation and Assessment:
Start by scheduling a consultation with your Riverside dentist. During your dental consultation, Dr. Ali Shmara will examine your teeth to determine if dental bonding is the right solution for your dental issue. We will also review your goals and expectations.
- Dental Cleaning:
Before the dental bonding procedure, it’s a good idea to have your teeth professionally cleaned with our dental hygienist. Clean teeth ensure that the bonding material adheres well to your teeth and provides a clean surface for the procedure.
- Discuss Any Dental Concerns:
Use the consultation to discuss any concerns or questions you may have with your dentist. This is the time to bring up any allergies, sensitivities, or past dental experiences that could be relevant.
- Medication Review:
Inform your Riverside dentist about any medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements. This helps your dentist plan the procedure and consider any potential interactions.
- Avoid Staining Substances:
In the days leading up to the procedure, try to avoid or limit consumption of staining substances like coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco products. This can help ensure the bonded teeth match the color of your natural teeth better.
- Dental Bonding Expectations:
Have a clear understanding of what to expect during and after the procedure. Your dentist should explain the entire process, including the duration of the appointment, any discomfort you may experience, and post-procedure care instructions.
- Plan Transportation:
Dental bonding is typically not a procedure that requires sedation, but some patients may feel more comfortable having someone drive them home afterward, especially if they are anxious about dental work.
- Eat a Light Meal:
On the day of the procedure, have a light meal before your appointment. This ensures you won’t be too hungry during or after the procedure.
- Dress Comfortably:
Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment. You’ll want to feel relaxed during the procedure, so avoid any tight or restrictive clothing.
- Arrange Follow-Up Appointments:
– Discuss with your dentist whether any follow-up appointments will be necessary and schedule them accordingly. Dental bonding may require occasional maintenance or touch-ups over time.
What Does Dental Bonding Fix?
Dental bonding is a versatile dental procedure that can be used to treat and fix a variety of cosmetic and minor structural issues with teeth. Here are some common problems that dental bonding can address:
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth: Dental bonding is an effective way to repair small chips and cracks in teeth, restoring their appearance and strength.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Bonding can be used to close small gaps or spaces between teeth, improving your smile’s alignment and aesthetics.
- Stained or Discolored Teeth: Teeth that are discolored or stained can be covered with bonding material, making them look whiter and more aesthetically pleasing.
- Misshapen Teeth: If you have teeth that are oddly shaped or have irregular contours, bonding can help reshape and contour them to create a more harmonious smile.
- Exposed Tooth Roots: Dental bonding can cover and protect exposed tooth roots caused by gum recession or other issues, reducing sensitivity and improving the tooth’s appearance.
- Small Cavities (Decay): In some cases, dental bonding can be used to repair small cavities by removing the decayed part of the tooth and filling it with composite resin material.
- Protective Coating: Bonding can serve as a protective layer for teeth that are at risk of damage due to enamel erosion or wear, helping to prevent further deterioration.
Bonding offers an excellent way of reshaping the crooked teeth. It’s done either by lengthening the teeth or changing their width. By doing so, it makes your teeth to appear more uniform. Also, it helps in eliminating the inconsistencies found between your teeth.
For those with stained teeth using bonding helps to restore your smile. Cosmetic bonding is used to cover stained teeth that have significant and deep stains. The procedure involves placing a resin material that matches your teeth colors on top of the stained tooth or even teeth. It helps to improve their looks
• The procedure is reversible since it involves applying to bond and not removing the teeth enamel.
• Boding also offers a viable option that is affordable.
• Restorative bonding procedure boasts of being durable, practical and natural-looking.
Overall, dental bonding proves to be a super effective procedure for all patients. It makes your teeth look both beautiful and natural again. Also, it’s the first step to regaining back your healthy smile.
If you are thinking about pursuing a SERVICE, you should make sure that you understand every detail of the treatment process before beginning. For more information about how you can get the smile that you’ve always wanted, contact your Riverside Dentist at the front desk at 951-352-2227 today.